The vast number of applications for the RBI Grade B examination speaks about the stature of the job. Immense hard work and long hours of uninterrupted study are required for cracking this examination.
Before aspirants move to the preparation of the exam, it is essential for them to know the exam pattern. The preliminary examination of RBI Grade B consists of 4 sections – Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness, English Language, and Reasoning Ability. A total of 200 questions are asked, which need to be solved in 2 hours.
The General Awareness section carries the maximum weight in the exam, and it is very important for the students to pay special attention to this section.
Topics Covered in the General Awareness Section
The General Awareness section of RBI Grade B is divided into three sections – current affairs, static GK, and banking and financial awareness. Discussed below are some of the most important topics of the General Awareness section:
- National and international current affairs of the last six months
- Economic current affairs
- Persons in news/Awards
- Important organizations
- Several banking and financial schemes launched by the government
- News related to export and import
- National and international credit rating agencies
- FDI limits in different sectors
- RBI monetary review
- Mergers, acquisitions, and buyouts
- List of Bharat Ratna award winners
- Planning Commission and 5-year plans
- List of the stadiums in India
- Indian Nobel Peace Prize winners
- State symbols of India
- Railway Budget
- Financial Budget
- List of Chief Ministers, Governors, and CJIs.
Banking and Financial Awareness
- History of banking in India
- Different types of accounts and their corresponding rates
- Important acts of the banking sector
- Foreign exchange reserves of India
- Non-banking financial companies
- Financial inclusion and various initiatives
- Types of markets, money, and banking instruments
- Banking services
- Reverse mortgage loans
- Priority sector lendings
- Role of RBI in India’s banking system
- Grasp on the banking and financial terms
- Banking abbreviations
- Bank headquarters
General Tips to Crack the RBI Grade B General Awareness Section
- Watch the news daily: Visual memory plays a crucial role in cracking any examination. So, to give a boost to your preparation, it is recommended that you watch any national news channel for at least 15 minutes. Watching the facts and statistics related to the news in visual form will help you in remembering the data better and clear any confusion you may face in the examination centre.
- Read newspapers and follow competition-based magazines: Reading newspapers daily is a must to keep yourself updated with the latest national and international news and happenings. Also, reading newspapers provides a boost to your vocabulary and reading skills, which helps you in solving reading comprehension.
- Create your own notes: We advise you to create your notes while preparing for the GA portion. Write down the important facts and figures and use these notes for last minute revision.
- There is no substitute for revision: It is mandatory that you revise all the topics which you have studied. Make such a plan where you allocate time for the revision of the current affairs of the last six months. Also, make sure that you revise the portion of static GK too.
Best Books for Preparing the General Awareness Section
- Banking Awareness by Arihant Experts: This is a fully revised and updated edition covering all the recent happenings in the world of banking. This book has been divided into 11 chapters, where all the significant topics have been included. A banking glossary has been provided at the end of the book to help students understand all the banking terms.
- India Yearbook 2019 by Rajiv Mehrishi: This book has been written by the serving Comptroller and Auditor General of India. The book has been designed by keeping in mind the latest exam pattern and contains precise exam-centric data.
- Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh: As a significant portion of the questions are asked from the economic section, therefore students need to get a hold over this topic for which this book is the best in the market. This book has detailed coverage of the important topics of banking and financial sectors.
You can adopt this strategy to prepare for the section of General Awareness. However, you can always make any change in the mentioned strategy according to your requirements. Further, you can attempt RBI Grade B mock test free in order to improve the performance of solve questions quickly.
As the syllabus of RBI Grade B General Awareness is vast, so we advise you to follow a detailed strategy for this section. With a plan in place, you are guaranteed to score well in the General Awareness section of RBI Grade B.