RPSC Agriculture Officer Syllabus 2020 PDF | Rajasthan AO, ARO Exam Pattern: Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) has officially released the RPSC Agriculture Officer Recruitment. The candidates can check the latest updates related to the RPSC Agriculture officer Syllabus 2020 from this article. Officials of the Rajasthan Public Service Commission have released the exam pattern for the Agriculture Officer and Agriculture Research Officer positions. For the applied candidates, the management will conduct the examination in the forthcoming months. Therefore, the aspirants need to collect the RPSC Agriculture Research Officer Syllabus 2020 aspirants have to gather the information about the exam pattern, marking scheme from the below sections. Below on this page, applicants can find the PDF link to download the RPSC AO Syllabus 2020 PDF. Candidates can get the complete details related to the rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in Pharmacist Syllabus 2020 and the tips for the exam preparation.
- 1 RPSC Agriculture Officer Syllabus Details
- 2 RPSC AO / ARO Exam Patterns
- 2.1 Rajasthan PSC AO Exam Pattern
- 2.2 Rajasthan PSC ARO Exam Pattern
- 2.3 Rajasthan Public Service Commission AO Syllabus 2020 Subject Wise
- 2.4 RPSC Agriculture Research Officer (ARO) Syllabus
RPSC Agriculture Officer Syllabus Details
|Organization||Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC)|
|Post name||Agriculture Officer(AO) and Agriculture Research Officer (ARO)|
RPSC AO / ARO Exam Patterns
Rajasthan PSC AO Exam Pattern
|Paper||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1||Part-I General Hindi||60||180||2 hours|
|Part-II General Knowledge, History and Culture of Rajasthan||60||180|
|2||Concerned Field/ Discipline||120||360||2 hours|
Rajasthan PSC ARO Exam Pattern
|S. No||Exam Type||Name of the subject||Questions||Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||Written Exam||Plant Pathology||100||100||2 Hours|
Rajasthan Public Service Commission AO Syllabus 2020 Subject Wise
Raj Agriculture Officer Sylabus for General Hindi
- तत्सम एवं तद्भव.
- वाक्याशों के लिये एक शब्द निर्माण.
- वाक्यसंशोधन- लिंग, काल,
- त्रुटि से संबंधित.
- लोकोक्तियां एवं मुहावरे.
- अनेकार्थी शब्द
RPSC AO Syllabus 2020 for राजस्थान का भूगोल (Geography of Rajasthan)
- खनिज सम्पदा
- राजस्थान के मुख्य भौतिक स्थितियां मरुस्थल प्रदेश
- प्राकृतिक वनस्पति
- राजस्थान की स्थिति, विस्तार
- खनिज सम्पदायें
- सिचांई परियोजनाये
- अपवाह तंत्र
- जल संरक्षण
Rajasthan PSC Agriculture Officer Syllabus 2020 for Art, History, Literature, etc
- Rights and Customs
- Geographical division, Climate, Major Mountains, Rivers
- Rajasthan’s contribution to the Indian freedom struggle and the integration of Rajasthan
- Various Rajasthani dialects
- Women – Men’s Clothing & Jewelry
- Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Business Terminology
- History of Rajasthan – Civilizations
- Major Folk Festivals, Festivals
- Religious, historical and tourist places
- A folk tale, folk songs and dances, proverbs, folk theater, Folk music, and puppetry
- Different Castes – People
- Painting & Handicrafts
- Architecture – fort, palace, Havelis, chhatris, ponds, temple-mosques
- Prominent Personality – Maharaja Man Singh-first of Jaipur, Sawai Jai Singh, Maharaja of Bikaner Ganga Singh, Veer Durga Das, Maharaja Jaswant Singh, Rao Jodha, Rao Maldev, Maharana Pratap, etc.
RPSC AO Exam Syllabus for Concerned Field/ Discipline
- Agro-climatic zones of India and Rajasthan
- Modern concepts in crop production, precision farming
- Plant nutrients – functions and deficiency symptoms, sources and their application
- Elements of crop production and effect on plant growth
- Organic manures, fertilizers, and bio-fertilizers, integrated nutrient management
- Soil fertility, soil productivity, and management
- Water-management: water requirement
- Forage and grassland and the consequences of their use
- Irrigation scheduling & efficiency, pressurized irrigation system
- Weed management: principles and practices
- Weather and climate, weather forecasting, aerospace and remote sensing in India
- Common herbicides and their uses in important grain crops, oils seeds, pulses, and fiber crops
- IWM in field crops, management of parasitic and aquatic weeds
- Problems of soil erosion in arid and semi-arid regions
- Agronomic practices in soil and water conservation
- Measures to prevent soil erosion
- Watershed: concept, objectives and principles, integrated watershed management
- Organic farming – objectives, and scope
- Dryland farming – role in the economy, aridity and their characteristics
- Role of agroforestry in soil and water conservation, silviculture, compatibility of crops
- Problems of seed germination
- Appraisal of the economics of farm forestry
- Soil physics-physical properties, moisture, air temperature
- Agronomy of important crops – cereals, pulses, oilseeds, fiber crops, forage crops, sugarbeet
- Recommended varieties of important crops of Rajasthan
- Soil classification and soil survey, land capability classification, soil taxonomy, soils of Rajasthan
- Constraints in dry farming areas, moisture conservation practices in dryland farming
- C/N ratio, symbiotic and non-symbiotic nitrogen fixation
- Physical chemistry of soil-colloids, soil reactions, buffering capacity
- Sources of charges and ion exchange of soil
- Soil microbiology- soil microbes, organic matter, humus fractions, structure, formation
- Transformation and mineralization of phosphorus, potassium, nitrogen, and sulfur in soil
- Straight fertilizers, mixed and compound fertilizers
- Secondary nutrients, micronutrients, liquid fertilizer
- Attacking soil fertility problem
- Fertilizer control order and adulteration
- Management of crops in problematic soils, quality of irrigation Water
- Soil and water conservation, pollution
- Olericulture – classification of vegetables, nursery, transplanting, seed testing, and storage
- Different styles of gardening, indoor gardening
- Lawn & hedge – layout, care and maintenance, annual flowers
- Cultivation of major cut flowers like rose, gladiolus, tuberose and chrysanthemum
- Management of problematic soils
- Pomology – the layout of orchards, propagation methods
- Post-harvest losses and principles of fruits and vegetable preservation, dehydration, jam, jelly, canning
- Insect pests spectrum in Rajasthan
- Role and importance of fungi, nematodes, viroids, phytoplasma & other micro-organisms in agriculture
- Management of insects and pests. Insecticide application, hazards and safety precautions
- Cultivation of mango, citrus, banana, guava, pomegranate, grapes, papaya, ber, phalsa, aonla, datepalm
- Insecticide formulations and their dilutions
- Detection of insect infestation in stored products and their management
- Assessment of crop losses and their implication in pest management
- Community campaign for white grub and other polyphagous pests management
- Rat control, management of ticks, mites, and household pests
- Integrated pest and disease management
- Essential plant nutrients and their role, major and micronutrients
- Insecticidal pollution, residues and tolerance limit
- Binomial nomenclature, morphology, and reproduction of fungi
- Methods of plant disease management
- Major diseases (fungal, bacterial, viral and nematode) of common field
- Vegetable and fruit crops of Rajasthan and their management
- Biological control methods and plant quarantine
- Methods of Plant Breeding for self, cross-pollinated and vegetatively propagated crops
- Mutation breeding, use of polyploidy in crop improvement, the concept of heterosis, type of hybrids
- DNA recombinant technology, transgenic crops and their scope
- Tissue culture techniques, seed testing, type of seeds
- Seed certification and seed standards for different crops
- Place of livestock in the national economy
- Important exotic and Indian breeds of cattle, buffalo, sheep, goat, and swine
- Feed resources of India with special reference to Rajasthan
- Reproductive behaviors like puberty, estrus, pregnancy, and parturition
- Measures and factor affecting fertility in livestock
- Milk secretion, milking of animals and factors affecting milk yield and composition
- Different livestock development programs of Government of India
- Selection and breeding of livestock for higher milk and meat production
- Classification of feedstuffs
- Conservation of feeds and fodder, hay and silage making
- Feeding and management of calves, growing heifers and milch animals
- Breed characteristics of poultry
- Housing principles, the space requirement for different species of livestock
- Disease control measures, sanitation, and care
- Natural and artificial insemination in farm animal, breeding, feeding and production records
- System of housing, feeding, and management in poultry
- Incubation, hatching, and brooding
- Vaccination and prevention of diseases in poultry
- Preservation and marketing of eggs, its economics and keeping quality
- Economics of livestock production
- Preparing dairy projects for financing
- Fish morphology and anatomy, osmoregulation, respiration in fish
- Limnology- water science, physicochemical and biological properties of water, lake-ecosystem
- Water pollution and various types of water bodies
- Different types of aquaculture systems and type of fisheries
- Peculiarities of Indian Agriculture, place of agriculture in the Indian economy, five-year plans
- Consumer behavior, demand, supply, demand schedule and supply schedule, market equilibrium
- Principles of farm management
- Agricultural finance and credit, credit institutions, cooperative Banks, crop insurance
- Agricultural development and poverty alleviation programs
- Linear programming, agricultural production functions- characteristics and optimizations
- Agriculture marketing, marketing functions and institutions, WTO, contract farming, future market
- Meaning and definition of extension education, philosophy of extension
- Process of extension education, basic concepts in extension
- Need assessment, benchmark survey, and PRA technique
- Program planning & evaluation, impact assessment
- Rural social institutions, caste, family and social groups
- Teaching-learning process, teaching methods
- Prices of agricultural commodities
- Use of audio-visual aids in training & communication process
- Organizing training, front line demonstrations, field days, Kisan Mela, exhibition, campaign
- Writing reports, radio talks, news, writing of farm literature and scientific information
- Classification of data, measures of central tendency, measures of dispersion
- Karl Pearson’s measures of the correlation coefficient, linear regression,
- Theory of probability- addition and multiplication laws for two events
- General principles of designs of the experiment- CRD, RBD, LSD and factorial experiment
- Definition, classification and functions of carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, and amino acids
- Concept of sampling- simple random sampling, stratified random sampling, and systematic sampling
- Large sample test and small sample tests-’t’, chi-square, F test
- Scope of farm mechanization in India
- Common workshop tools, survey instruments, bullock drawn implements, implements for field preparation, land leveling and sowing
- Measures of irrigation water, water lifting devices
- Oxidation of fatty acids and their synthesis. Vitamins, their types, and functions
- Enzymes- their classes, factors affecting activity, enzymes inhibition, active site, and enzyme cofactors
- Nucleotides, nucleic acids, their types and structure, transcription, translation, and DNA replication
- History and present programs of extension in India specially Shriniketan, Marthandom, Gurgaon experiment, Nilokheri project, Etawah pilot project
- Carbohydrate metabolism – Glycolysis, Kreb’s cycle, Glyoxalate pathway
- Cultivation practice of cauliflower, cabbage, tomato, chilies, brinjal, carrot, radish, onion, pea, okra, muskmelon, watermelon, and sweet potato
- CDP, Panchayati Raj, NES, IVLP, IRDP, T&V system, RKVY, ATMA, MNREGA, ICDS, NDS, HYVP, IAAP, SGSY, JRY and PMRY with reference to their year of start, objectives, activities, achievement, and failure
RPSC Agriculture Research Officer (ARO) Syllabus
- Diseases of Crop Plants.
- Laboratory and Analytical Techniques.
- Principles of Plant Pathology.
- Plant Bacteriology.
- Plant Disease Management.
- History and Scope of Plant Pathology.
- Plant Virology.
- Epidemiology and forecasting of plant disease.
- Mushroom Production Technology
- Insect Taxonomy.
- Insect Toxicology.
- Biotechnology in Pest Management
- Insect Morphology.
- Beneficial Insects.
- Insecticides and their application.
- Insect Anatomy& Physiology.
- Urban and Storage Entomology.
- Insect Ecology.
- Insect Pest Management etc.
- Mutation breeding.
- Plant Breeding.
- Mutation breeding.
- Heterosis breeding
- Plant genetic resources and seed technology.
- Agriculture and Indian Economy.
- Cropping Systems.
- Role of water in Crop Production.
- Dry farming.
- Post- Harvest Technologies.
- Compound Fertilizers.
- Agronomical Experiments
- Water Resources.
- Transformation in Soil.
RPSC Agriculture Officer Syllabus 2020 and Exam Pattern: Click Here
RPSC Agriculture Research Officer Syllabus 2020 and Exam Pattern: Click Here
NOTE: Candidates keep in touch with TAMILANJOBS website for more information regarding Jobs, Exams, results and other details.