Inspire scholarship is one of those scholarships that are most sought after by the students learning in the stream of Science. Students enrolling themselves in basic science are the only ones eligible to Inspire scholarship. This scholarship is offered to the students between the age of ten to thirty-two years of age of Science and Technology department. There are three parts of Inspire scholarship. They are:
- SEATS (Scheme for Early Attraction of Talent): The students between class six to ten can get this scholarship.
- SHE (Scholarship of Higher Education): The students enrolled in bachelors and master’s degrees are eligible for this scholarship.
- AORC (Assured Opportunity for Research Careers): The students enrolled in doctorate degree of both basic and applied sciences such as engineering and medical sciences are eligible for this scholarship.
Details about the Inspire scholarship SHE
Every year 10000 scholarships are given out of Rs. 80000 each. When a student is selected for Inspire scholarship, he is not eligible for any other scholarship. The student must be enrolled in three-year bachelors of Science degree course or five years program of Master of Science under any UGC recognized college or university or institutions in India in any Science subject. The subjects involved in this scholarship are:
- Atmospheric Science
- Oceanic Science
Criteria of selection
There are some criteria that the students need to know while applying for the Inspire scholarship. They are:
- The students must be among the top one per cent in their respective Board examinations of class twelve.
- The students who have outstanding performance in national competitive examinations such as JEE Advanced, JEE mains, AIPMT and so on. The top ten thousand students of any competitive exams are eligible for this scholarship. The students who have participated in IISER, NISER, DAE-CBS are also eligible for this scholarship. The scholars of KYPE, NTSE and JBNSTS are also eligible for SHE Inspire scholarship.
The candidates of Inspire scholarship are eligible to get Rs.80000 for a maximum period of five years. Rs.60000 is to be given in the form of cash to the students. The students are required to do research work in a recognized research centre in India. The rest Rs.20000 is to be given as Mentorship Grant as the fees to accommodate the Inspire scholar or in the scholar’s account to carry on the research work. A proper academic result is very important for the continuation of the scholarship. Every year the result is needed to be submitted to show the progress of the student to the committee. The whole process takes approx four months and the candidates are informed through e-mail. The further steps are to download the offer letter which is uploaded on their online portal on the official website.
For the ease of students, Leverage Edu has enlisted the list of requirements for this particular grant:
- Follow instructions given for eligibility of scholarships.
The instructions given for the scholarship should be strictly followed by the students. All the required documents should be checked and provided on time.
- Apply only when you are eligible
Do not apply if you are not eligible and you know that clearly. It won’t be of any help but just waste your time and efforts.
- Always submit a neat and clean application
- Complete the application form entirely
Don’t leave any blanks and complete the form. Any empty space can be missing out on some information and your response might be rejected.
- Submit it within the deadline
Deadlines are very important and should be taken very seriously.
- Keep your essay precise, well organized and meaningful so that it can make some impression
- Recheck or review your application before final submission of your application
- Make sure that your application is properly addressed with appropriate postage stamps
- Never submit your application unless and until you’re entirely satisfied
- And last, not the least, ask for help if required.